Thank you for considering Trading Post Estate Sales for your estate liquidation and downsizing needs.
Whether your situation is planned or unexpected, we understand that you need a one-stop solution to relieve some of the hassles and stresses dealing with this transition in your life or that of a relative or friend. Trading Post Estate Sales is one of the nations top resources for downsizing and estate liquidations as well as senior move management and other downsizing needs. In addition to online estate sales, Trading Post Estate Sales can coordinate special market items to be sold through auction houses, arrange tag sales and liquidations, organize, pack and move oversight to prepare homes for market, and storage locker clean-outs.
I started Trading Post Estate Sales in 2013 once I retired from the restaurant business after more than 30 successful years. I understand what it means to serve others and starting Trading Post Estate Sales gave me the opportunity to provide a useful service to seniors and families in our area who are facing one of life’s more challenging times. We want you to know that we are here to help.When it comes to downsizing and clutter, we know a few things about this as we live by our motto “Start with Subtraction”. We understand what you are going through as we have helped our own family and loved ones work through a number of estate sales and downsizings. The experience and understanding we bring to our clients is truly unique. Moving, downsizing, resettling and clearing out estates is always difficult, emotionally and physically, but you don’t have to do it alone.
Contact us today to see how we can make a difference for you and your family, and bring some welcome relief.
Serving Long Island, Brooklyn, Queens, Westchester, Northern, Central and Southern New Jersey,Eastern Pennsylvania and growing into new areas all the time. Trading Post Estate Sales is the leading choice when it comes to online estate sales.
Online estate sales have a greater rate of sale, are non invasive and provide a safe and secure environment for liquidating your possessions that a traditional sale can not provide.
Let us help you create a customized transition plan that fits your needs!
Call us today to get started 631-236-2797
I hired Doug Drew to sell the contents of my late parents home in early 2018.
I had met with and researched a handful of estate sale companies that I found online. Doug's business model immediately stood out to me from the rest, as he does 100% of the sale online and doesn't host in home tag sale madness. My parents had a houseful of exquisite home furnishings, antique collectibles and clothing that would not have appealed to the local market in which they lived, so the online exposure was far more appealing to me. Moreover, his compensation was clear and simple. Unlike many of the estate sale companies I had met who had fees for this, that and the other thing--some of which are paid upfront(don't do it!)--Doug takes a flat and fair commission after the sale. He only makes money if you do, pure and simple.
When I met with Doug I was immediately taken with his knowledge, expertise and sage advice. I had just lost both parents in rapid succession and completely overwhelmed with the work that lay ahead in clearing out this house they lived in for 43+ years. He offered guidance and great advice from the start, walking me step by step through the process. He was very down to earth, genuine and very honest--even about things that I didn't want to hear but needed to know. I appreciated that directness, and throughout the process we had a great chemistry and communicating with him was a breeze. It's all too common to think your parents "stuff" is worth more then it is. And the things that you think have value usually don't, and the items you think are worthless could be the most valuable things in the house.
Once he and his team began the process, they took their time and were extremely meticulous in photographing and documenting the hundreds of items and lots that would be put on the auction. They spent a full week in the house, full-time to get it all done!
Once the auctions began, I was glued to the site watching each day to see the bids increase in value. The two weeks went very quickly and by the end of it all, the results far surpassed my expectations. The pickup was pretty smooth and painless. By the time I got back to the house 95% of it had been cleared out, making the job of the clean out crew a piece of cake.
Overall, I am extremely pleased with Trading Post Estate Sales and Doug Drew. I never take the time to write reviews online but felt compelled to do so because of the job he and his team pulled off here. It is a very difficult and challenging job--I couldn't imagine having to do it. Beyond the great results, I am most pleased with the working relationship Doug and I developed and the ease and honesty of communication. If you find yourself faced with one of life's most difficult and challenging chapters like I was--or just in need of a major downsizing--give Doug a call. You won't regret it.
Chatham Township NJ
I am happy to share my experience with Doug and Jeff of Trading Post Estate Sales and Downsizing. Having been the caregiver to my mother for 5 years preceding her passing, I thought I was completely familiar with the family home and possessions. How wrong I was. The task of sorting, cleaning and clearing to make way for the sale of a home that was oversized for my needs became daunting. A lifetime of collecting leaves you with very emotional decisions and tasks along the way to moving on. Both Doug and Jeff provided me with the help, knowledge and compassion I so desperately needed but was unaware of. This was a task I thought I could handle on my own, but after a year of sorting and rearranging, I found myself unable to complete the job. The dynamic due (sorry Batman and Robin), provided me with choices of how to best rid myself of the unwanted. This included both an on-line auction and using their services for the removal of the leftovers that nobody else wanted either. There were other options we discussed, but my needs required a bit of speed at this time and so we devised a game plan that was executed as explained and with very satisfactory results. I would without question recommend these fine gentlemen to help you in your time of need also even if your time is for a happier reason. They were and are professional and responsible business folks.
North Bellmore N.Y.
Email or Call us today for free in home evaluation
Based on 320 reviews
Share your thoughts with other bidders.
The item was not free of blemishes (as described in the ad) nor was it in good condition (also as described). The clock didn't work, the leather is scratched and there's rust all over.
The buying experience and delivery was easy and simple.
Seller contacted me and told me that she gave away chairs i won for $155 to another person. She offered to give me chairs sold for 1 dollar to make it up.
Pick up was extremely organized and items were carefully packed.
Accurate description and excellent customer service, my wife love the necklace.
looking forward for their new upcoming auctions, thanks again.
Nice case, fast shipping, thanks again!
Please call or email the auction manager assigned to the auction you are bidding in with any questions regarding items, previews and pick ups. This information can be found on the auction details page for each auction. Please use the contact information below for selling inquiries and general questions. Estate Inquiries: email@example.com
Please call AUCTION MANAGER for questions regarding individual auctions.
CONTACT INFO CAN BE FOUND ON INDIVIDUAL AUCTION PAGES.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Getting in contact with us is now easier than ever! Just fill out the appropriate fields below and we'll get back to you as soon as possible!
We offer in-house shipping for small items that fit inside USPS Flat Rate boxes. Larger items can be shipped via the Babylon NY UPS Store. If you request shipping there is a $10 per order fee for items to be brought back for shipping plus the cost of packing and postage
After winning your bid, you must request and confirm shipping so our team knows to bring your order back to our warehouse.
We call winning bidders throughout the day after the auction closes to confirm their pick up method. You can also call or text our office directly 516-882-7775.
USPS Shipping: You will receive a call from our warehouse manager during the week following the auction for payment. There is a $5-$10 packing and handling fee on top of the flat rate shipping cost. USPS shipping cost is paid via VENMO or PAYPAL only!
Babylon NY UPS Store Shipping: There is a $10 transfer fee (per order) for our staff to give your items to UPS. This fee can be paid via VENMO or PAYPAL only. All orders are given to UPS during the week following the auction. Once received and packed, the store will call the phone number on your invoice directly for CREDIT/DEBIT CARD payment. We do not know shipping/packing estimates.
NOTE: We do not ship large or fragile items. Please inquire before bidding on items over 12 inches long or fragile items such as dish sets, stemware, porcelain figurines, intricate crystal items etc. to confirm we can ship the lot
We can transport most items to be picked up at the Trading Post Warehouse: 1865 New Highway Unit D, Farmingdale, NY 11735
Visit Tradingpostauctions.com/warehouse-schedule/ to book your warehouse pickup appoimtmemt
Each lot has a transport fee listed in the lot description. After winning your bid, you must request and confirm transport for your item(s) and pre-pay the transport fee via VENMO or PAYPAL. Then our pick-up team will know to bring your items back to our warehouse.
We call winning bidders throughout the day after the auction closes to confirm their pick up method. You can also reach out to our office directly 516-882-7775.
Our team can only transport items that have been paid for before the pick up day.
Please book your warehouse appointment within 2 weeks of the end of the auction. After 30 days, all orders incur a $10 per day, per lot storage fee.
If you need to update your contact information, you must contact Auction Ninja directly via email firstname.lastname@example.org
What is a buyer's premium?
A buyer's premium is a percentage-based fee added to the winning hammer price. This helps cover the auctioneer’s expenses and administrative costs and off-sets credit card fees. The larger auction houses in major cities sometimes charge up to a 30% buyer's premium. Bidders may also be charged sales tax (depending on regulations of the individual state where the auction is held) on this additional fee.
Here’s an example ...
If you won an auction lot through “A-Z Auctioneers” with a 15% buyer’s premium and 5% state sales tax (the buyer’s premium is often taxed, but laws vary by state) here’s how it would work out:
Buyer’s Premium (15%)
State Sales Tax (5%)
You should note that buyer’s premiums vary depending on the individual auctioneer / estate seller using the AuctionNinja platform. Please be sure to read the terms for each individual sale. If you have questions about a buyer’s premium, please contact the auction house / estate seller directly. AuctionNinja does not control what individual sellers charge for their buyer’s premiums.
What is an absolute auction?
An absolute auction is a sale without a reserve price, where the hammer price is awarded to the highest bidder regardless of the hammer price. For example, in an absolute auction, a wine refrigerator could hammer at $1 because there was only one bidder bidding on that lot in the absolute auction.
What is a reserve?
First off, let's define reserve price. A reserve price sets a minimum required bid for the item to be sold. In many traditional auctions, reserves are undisclosed (the bidders have no idea what the reserve price may be -- a blind reserve).
On the Trading Post site, there are usually no reserves or minimums . While the majority of our auctions held are "absolute auctions," there are times that we clearly state a starting bid price in order to open the bidding on that particular lot. The process is very transparent.
What is extended bidding?
The AuctionNinja platform features extended bidding (a.k.a. "soft closing"). The AuctionNinja system will automatically extend the closing time of a lot (auction item) whenever a bid is placed within the last five minutes of its scheduled closing. This may occur multiple times on any given lot depending on the bidder interest in that lot. Once all interest and bidding in a lot ceases the clock will run out and the lot will close.
This is the fairest way to prevent “bid sniping” (someone submitting a high bid in the last seconds of any given lot’s closing in order to win said lot) and to give all bidders an opportunity to increase their bids if they wish. It is also the closest way to mimic a live, in-person auction, when the auctioneer gives bidders opportunities to increase their bids if someone jumps into the bidding at the last moment before hammering the winning bid.
Sometimes I'm immediately outbid. Why?
Because all maximum bids are "masked" (hidden from other bidders), you do not know what any other bidder's maximum bid may be or when they placed it. Sometimes you will be outbid as soon as you enter your bid. This only occurs when another bidder had a higher maximum bid than yours already "on the board". Your bid set in motion BRG's automatic bidding system which raised the other buyer's bid above yours. The other bidder may have placed their max bid days, hours, or mere moments before you placed yours.
However, if you place a bid and there are no competing bids against your bid, the system WILL NOT immediately go to your maximum bid. In fact, if you are the only bidder by the time the lot closes, you will win the lot for the lowest possible dollar amount (based on whatever the opening bid was for that item), not your max bid. So if you place a max bid of $25 on a lot with an opening bid of $1 and there are no other bidders vying for that lot, you will win it for $1. NOTE: This only happens when there are no competing bids.
Why was I outbid by an amount less than the next minimum increment?
Occasionally our bidders are outbid by an amount lower than the minimum bid increment (see bid increments in our Terms & Conditions). All bidders may place their max bid at anytime. As a result, you may be outbid by what seems to be an incorrect increment. The AuctionNinja system will not default to strict increments like a traditional auction if an "odd" maximum bid was left prior to meeting the bid price which would engage the next bid increment.
For example, let's say you place your maximum bid of $100 on a painting but another buyer wins the lot for $101. As stated in the bidding increments, you know the next bid should have been $105, not $101. The system will accept the $101 bid because that max bid of $101 was placed before the auction got to that next increment level.
Here's how: It's 4 p.m. on closing day and the painting is currently at $15. At 5:10 p.m. you place a maximum bid of $100. There are a few bidders at play and so by the time 5:45 comes around, the current bid is at $78 with you as the highest bidder. At 7:05 p.m. a new bidder joins in and places his maximum bid of $101. Since this new bidder's bid of $101 is above the minimum increment at the time she placed the bid, it is accepted by the system. Since there were no additional bids placed before the countdown clock ran out, the $101 bidder wins the lot because it is higher than your $100.
My max bid was the same as the winning bid (tie bid), yet someone else won it. Why?
In the case of a tie bid, the hammer will always fall to the first bidder. For example, the current bid is $50 (placed by someone else). What you don't know is that their max bid (which is masked from other bidders) is $200. You join the bidding and and place a maximum bid of $200 and are immediately outbid in favor of the other bidder. Even though two people have the same max bid, only one person can win the lot. That is automatically determined by bidding order -- the person who placed that maximum bid first.
You must also authorize Trading Post Estate Sales to charge the credit or debit card you have entered on this site for the hammer price of an item which youwere the high bidder plus the buyer's premium and all applicable sales tax. Your card will be charged within 24 hours of auction end. Failure to keep valid credit card information on file will result in your use of the site being terminated.
To initiate your ability to bid with Trading Post Estate Sales, an itinital pre-authorization transaction will appear on your statement. This pending transaction will not settle and will drop off after 5 -7 business days.
You certify that you are an authorized user of this credit card and that you will not dispute the purchase payments with your credit card company provided the transactions correspond to the terms indicated in this authorization outline.
2. MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILITY The Site is available to members who are 18 years and older and who have not been suspended or removed by TPES for any reason. By becoming a member you represent that you are of legal age. As a member, you agree to provide true accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Site’s registration forms. In addition, as a member, you agree and acknowledge that you will maintain valid credit card info within your membership profile so long as you maintain an account with TPES.
3. BUYER’S CONTRACT Bids placed on the TPES website are a binding contract and you are responsible for paying all amounts due to TPES including sale price, buyer's premium and all applicable taxes.. Please do not bid if you are unable to pay and take possession of the items in the specified time periods for each auction, sale or event. All sales are final. No returns, credits or exchanges.
4. ITEM DESCRIPTIONS All items are sold as-is, where-is. While TPES will do its best to list any damage, repairs or restorations, the absence of these descriptions or conditions must not be taken to imply that the lot is in perfect condition. Most of the items TPES sells are antique, vintage or used. You should expect signs of wear consistent with age. TPES does our best to measure the items properly but can not be held liable for a fraction of an inch measurements. We measures all art work with the frame as part of the measurement. For the most part TPES does not offers preview inspections so please study the photos and inspect them thoughouly before placing your bids.Feel free to email the auction manager as well as to the condition of items as they may have details. Conditions vary from item to item and TPES does not offer a condition report as condition is a subjective view and varys from buyer to buyer. All framed art is measured with the frame and is measured within a half inch. All furniture is measured within a half inch and sometimes not exact.
All sales are final. No returns, credits or exchanges.
5. BUYER’S PREMIUM A buyer’s premium of 18% will be added to the hammer price in all auctions and will be charged along with the hammer prices and applicable sales tax to the credit or debit card you have on file with TPES within 24 hours of the auction end.
6. SALES TAX All sales are subject to appropriate sales tax laws. Tax exempt buyers must provide the appropriate state sales tax exemption certificate prior to the end of the sale. Upon receipt of such information by TPES, your future purchases will not be taxed. Tax resale forms can be submitted in your membership profile. Please submit your tax form upon registering and before placing a bid. Your profile name and address must be the same as your resale certificate.
7. RETENTION OF CREDIT CARD INFORMATION By providing your credit card information to TPES, you authorize TPES to charge your credit card for the purchase amount of any successful bid plus the buyer's premium and any applicable taxes.
Your card will be charged within 24 hours of auction end. Failure to keep valid credit card information on file will result in your use of the site being terminated.
To initiate your ability to bid with Trading Post Estate Sales, an initial pre-authorization transaction will appear on your statement. This pending transaction will not settle and will drop off after 5 -7 business days.
You certify that you are an authorized user of this credit card and that you will not dispute the purchase payments with your credit card company provided the transactions correspond to the terms indicated in this authorization outline.
8. PICK-UP Successful buyers must pick up their items at the designated sale location within the assigned time frame as stated in the sale details page. A $25.00 per lot disposal fee will be charged for any items left behind by the winning bidder.
If after winning an item you determine you are unable to pick up your items during the scheduled removal times and dates, you must contact TPES within 24 hours prior of the pick-up date and we will determine if alternate arrangements can be made. These arrangements will be at the sole discretion of TPES and will be subject to transport, labor and/or storage fees. If an alternative method can not be arranged, TPES has the right to cancel the sale and retain the said items. TPES offers shipping on a very limited basis. If we agree to ship your items, you will be responsinle for the packing and shipping charge in a seperate charge. TPES will not be held liable for any damage or delays in shipping.
9. FORFEITURE OF ITEMS You will forfeit any items not paid for or picked up at the time of designated pickup in accordance with the Site’s Terms & Conditions. TPES at its sole discretion will reoffer the items or donate them to a charity of TPES’s choosing. TPES reserves the right to report your account to collections for the combined total of the original invoice amount and any moving or disposal charges. You membership with TPES will be revoked unless past due invoices and any additional charges are paid in full.
10. AS IS - WHERE IS All items and lots are sold on an 'AS-IS', 'WHERE IS' and 'WITH ALL FAULTS' basis 'WITHOUT EXCEPTION' with no warranty of any type expressed or implied as to the merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose of any goods offered in this sale. Trading Post Estate Sales and Seller expressly and specifically disclaim, without limitation, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Removal is at the Buyer's sole obligation, risk and expense. No sale will be invalidated by reason of any defect or inaccuracy in any of the items or lots by reason of their being incorrectly described orally or written, invoiced or cataloged, and no liability will be borne by Trading Post Estate Sales, , licensees, employees and agents in respect to any such faults or errors. All marketing and information has been prepared only as a guide and is not offered as completely accurate, nor does it give the Buyers all of the information on the item or lot. Except as herein contained, there shall be no guarantees or warranties, expressed or implied, statutory or otherwise of any nature whatsoever. The Buyers will accept the items or lots in spite of any defects or conditions, known or unknown, visible or not visible, and therefore Buyers do by these presents remise, release, acquit, quit claim and forever discharge the Sellers, Trading Post Estate Sales,from any and all claims now and in the future. The Buyers should avail themselves the opportunity to inspect all items and lots. All Buyers are urged to physically inspect the item during the pick up period and before leaving the premises. All sales are final. No bids can be withdrawn during or after the auction for any reason. Buyer understands that these terms as well as all other terms and conditions can not be amended. Buyer also agrees that any oral, written or electronic representation made by Trading Post Estate Sales, shall not modify these "AS IS - WHERE IS" terms. Buyer understands that any description given in the catalog or written on the equipment is not guaranteed, and Buyer will rely entirely on their own inspection and/or investigations. All information and descriptions contained in advertising this sale are believed correct, but no responsibility is assumed by Trading Post Estate Sales or Seller for any errors or omissions.
12. Cancelation of Items for sale Trading Post Estate Sales. reserves the right to cancel, delete or modify any purchase, item or auction for any reason and at any time with no prior notifacation. This applies to all sales, past, present and future.
AUCTION MANAGER CONTRACTOR
Do you love estate sales? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit? Have you dreamed about getting into the estates industry but don't know how or where to begin? If so, Trading Post Estate Sales (TPES) wants to talk with you!
TPES provides estate liquidation services through online estate auctions and the demand for our services is growing everyday. We are expanding and need contractors to manage auction territories in CT, MA, NY (including territories throughout Long Island, Westchester, & NYC), NJ and beyond!
We're looking for Independent Auction Manager Contractors to:
• Catalog, photograph, edit and sort auctions
• Provide all relevant auction details and summary, including auction description/write-up prior to marketing
• Staff and schedule previews and pick-ups
• Run additional marketing / advertising efforts, not already provided by TPES (e.g., post items on craigslist, tag sale group sites, etc.)
• Make calls and collect payment from declined cards
• Provide auction revenue summary for proper client and contractor payout
Be a Brand Ambassador
• Provide optimal auction experience to clients and customers alike
• Communicate clearly and professionally with clients, customers and back office staff
• Promote TPES when opportunities arise
• Provide TPES with social media content as needed (unique story, behind the scenes, customer review, artsy photography, blog post). Although not necessary, doing so will help promote you as a top referral pick.
Generate New Business Opportunities
• Estate sales leads when opportunities arise
• New contractor leads if opportunities arise
In exchange, TPES will provide:
• Free training (photography, systems, operations, etc.)
• Web hosting through the TPES site
Competitive Referral Fees & Commissions
• Referrals on estates in your designated area
• You keep the commissions on your sales
• You can be a creative as you want with additional marketing (beyond what TPES provides);
• You can be as active in securing estates as you want
• Flexibility to schedule sales as convenient for you and your clients
• TPES will provide referrals in your territory, but you can seek out your own estates
• Client close-out reports including accounting
• Auto-debit customer payments
• Accounting costs
• Credit card fees and leases
• Listing for your estate on major estate sale sites (e.g., estatesales.net, estatesales.org, auctionzip.com) plus additional exposure on these sites through TPES premiere status
• Membership fees and additional monies needed to operate the above sites
• Promotional banners for sales on website
• Business cards
• Lawn signage
• Email blasts to buyer base from TPES
• Email blasts through TPES email portal (when applicable)
• Website updates and design costs
• Email hosting costs
• Instagram, Twitter & Facebook account management and advertising
• Clean Criminal Background!
• 1099 / Independent Contractor / Self-Employment status
• Valid Driver's License or Proof of ID
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Reliable Transportation (Must be able to drive within a 2 hour radius of your home)
• Smart phone, camera and ipad, laptop or computer
Send your letter of interest and/or resume to email@example.com
District of Columbia